Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday with the Beckman Girls

Saturday mornings usually start early. Andy leaves for work around 6:40 a.m. and either the kids or the dogs will begin stirring shortly after. (its usually Sterling trying to bust out of her crate!) While the kids were watching cartoons munching on eggo waffles and bananas and I was drinking coffee contemplating on where to start with the house cleaning; I got a text message from Joanne to call her. When I called her she asked me what were we going to do together today? We discussed going to the beach, the water park, the pool, Target...we couldn't decide. I didn't care...I just wanted to get out the house and let the kids get some fresh air! I packed a bag full of beach/pool amenities and a regular diaper bag too. I figured we'd jump in the van and head to Joanne's and figure out our destination(s) together. And we did just that...We put Miah Jane's car seat in the van and off we went! First we headed to every one's favorite place (come one, admit it!) Target. I bought the kids their first pairs of flip flops; they have such cute ones there. After nearly an hour there we decided to hit up Waterside Shops. I haven't been there in a very long time (shopping in general has been absent from my routine) and I knew Devin would love the fountains there. Even though it was 97 degrees outside, Waterside is not that hot and again, it was just nice to get some fresh air. I was very proud of myself, with the help of Brennan's grandma Danielle, I spent $20 at Gap Kids and got 2 dresses and 2 shirts! Their sale is on through Monday; you have to check it out...Gap and Gap Kids! I pushed the kids to their limits and way past nap times but we were having such a nice time. We even managed to all five sit down at Silver Spoon for lunch before heading home. Even though Lexi was throwing crayons and cars around and Devin wouldn't keep his hands out of my water glass (he was trying to get my lemons out of my cup!) it was nice to sit with my best friend and our kids and have lunch. The craziness and insanity with the kids is always going to be there, even when they're older. It's awesome that they're going to grow up together and we will experience all of the craziness and happiness together. They're going to grow up going to the beach together, going out to lunch and dinner, hanging out and playing when the adults get together, sleep overs when they're older, etc. I'm very excited that our kids will share what Joanne and I experienced growing up...FRIENDSHIP that will last forever! :-)

Here are some cell phone shots of the girls goofing off in their highchairs.

This little munchkin' is one of the cutest babies ever!


That look is Lexi's...I didn't do anything wrong look!


CHEESE!

You would never guess that it was 2 hrs past nap time and that these two girls were T-I-R-E-D! They had so much fun trying to get every one's attention. We had so much fun shopping, having lunch and strolling through Waterside catching up and people watching. Can't wait to do this again...and soon I hope!

2 comments:

  1. One of many days spent together to come!! We had a great time!! xoxo Way to hang with the girls Devin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! I love that they all have eachother:)

    ReplyDelete