Friday, July 16, 2010

Lil' Tadpoles

Last Saturday we attended our first swim class at the local community/county pool. Grandma Diane has kindly volunteered to assist me since Andy works Saturday mornings. She doesn't know what she has gotten herself into! LOL The first class was, well, interesting. Both of my kids love to be in the water but evidently they don't like being told what to do. I wonder where/who they got that from?! I would have to say that 85% of the class was fussing and or all out having tantrums. So I didn't feel embarrassed or get upset that my kids weren't following directions very well. During one break the lead instructor gathered everyone for a song and dancing in the water. Devin started yelling, NO SINGING, NO, STOP SINGING! I couldn't help but laugh and smile because it was down right hilarious. That was supposed to be the fun part!

All and all I think it was a good experience and will only get better each time. I hope my lil' tadpoles can swim on their own by the end of the course. I have high expectations but lets face it, it's a safety issue. They need to learn to swim and I will keep enrolling them in classes like this until they are more comfortable in and around the water.

My friend Leah, whose husband John and oldest son Adrey are in the same class, was on the sidelines with her newborn Charlie snapping pictures. Thank you Leah for sharing these shots with me. I love them!

Lexi and her lopsided pigtails!


Notice both pouty faces on the kids?!


Trying to get Lexi happy again!



This Saturday Grandma Diane is out of town so...we have a wonderful substitute...Cristina. Or as Devin calls her, Is Istina (Miss Cristina)! Thank you Cris for getting up early and dealing with my lil' tadpoles. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear how the swim lessons turn out! Even in the pouty face picture, they are both so cute! I think following directions is right up there with sharing for toddlers...nearly impossible!

    Bridget is also a fan of telling others to "STOP SINGING!" She especially hates the Happy Birthday song! She'd be right there next to Devin yelling at that swim instructor!

    ReplyDelete