Friday, July 23, 2010

Water Painting for Dummies

Before I even begin this post there are a few things to say right off the bat! First, yes those are Christmas pajamas that Devin is wearing. Anyone with a 2, almost 3, year old understands how easy it is to just give up fighting or arguing when the toddler wants to dress him/herself! Okay I feel better about that. Second of all, NEVER attempt water painting with an active and out of control 19 month old. It equals DISASTER! Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way. I'm not sure why I thought Lexi could hold a thin brush in her hand and have the patience to dip the brush in water and then in the paint and then finally onto the paper. That's too complex for her right now. But big brother Devin had a blast! I think he liked this kind of painting the best because it was the neatest of all paintings.



This was the very beginning of the project. He wasn't sure what water painting meant. Therefore, he began pouring the water on the paper! He takes things very literally.



Then he began dipping his paintbrush in the water and painting with just water! LOL




Finally mommy put down the camera and showed him how it was done. He finally understood.



Then there is Fafee...She started out liking it and not making too much of a mess.


But quickly she started painting with his her fingers and hands so I decided just to give her finger paint instead.




Then the mess began...but she had fun!



This is the mess I had to deal with...what I ALWAYS deal with!


Just look at her high chair...thank goodness it's all washable.



This is Lexi's work of art!


Devin decided to help mommy with her picture. He wanted to paint a picture of a family.


Artist hard at work!

A funny thing that happened when Devin and I were painting my picture; I asked him who I should draw in our family. Thinking he'd say all of our names and he did. He just added one more; after mommy, daddy, and Lexi he said Brennan! I asked him if Brennan was in our family and he shook his head up and down and said yes, Brennan. (our friends' Kelly & Christian's son) It was so cute! All and all we had a very nice time painting but I know next time to just give Lexi the finger paints off the bat.
I have to fill you in on what both kids are doing while I'm trying to type this. Devin is ramming his remote control race car into everyone and everything in its path. (Mainly my FEET!) He doesn't even stand in the same room as the car; just blind faith! While Lexi is trying to feed and give her milk to her Elmo doll. She actually puts food into Elmo's mouth and open and closes it. Now she's crying because the food won't stay in his mouth! All the while I'm trying to finish this post from last week and clean the house for the party we're throwing tonight. Multi-tasking in its finest form! Tonight we are throwing Nate and Cristina an engagement party and we are so looking forward to it. I will post pics soon. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment