Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend Fun!

What a weekend we had!  I am exhausted just thinking about it.  I knew next weekend was jammed packed with social events so I wanted to spend a lot of time with kids this weekend...outside and moving.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! This weekend's weather is another reason I insisted on being outside.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!  The humidity is finally down and feels just perfect outside.  On top of keeping my kids entertained and outside playing this weekend, I decided to start potty training Lexi.  I knew it would be much easier than with Devin since she's seen him go through this same process and well of course, cause she's a girl!  She will do anything for a sticker; that is my potty training whisperer secret #1.  You just mention the word sticker and she will run for the bathroom!  It was interesting being outside and away from our house so much this weekend while trying to accomplish this big task.  Another potty training whisperer tip is to keep a potty in your vehicle.  Both of my kids used the little potty quite a few times in the back of the van this weekend.  It's sort of funny...I used to keep a cooler, beach chairs, stereo for the beach, favorite cd's, etc. in the car and now I keep a kid's potty, Thomas the Train DVD's and any toy to occupy a child for a couple minutes.  LOL...Things have changed...a lot!

Saturday morning I decided to take the kids to Fleischmann Park since we had to visit daddy at work and that's the nearest park.  I wasn't thinking very clearly because Saturday morning every child under the age of 13 is playing football or cheering at that football field. The place was packed and kids were running around everywhere.  I think that's one reason Devin and Lexi had so much fun there. They've never seen so many kids before! I kept them both on the small kids' side of the park for as long as I possibly could but they both wanted to play with the big kids and climb up the big kids' jungle gym.  It was very scary for me to watch Lexi climbing up the rock wall and then get to the top and stand up.  I was happy for her and scared for her at the same time.  There are no pictures from the big kid's side of the park...my hands were braced for a fall the entire the time...Seriously.


Lexi on the smaller, safer slide

A cute but bored Devin on the small kids' playground

On Sunday morning we had a play date with two of the cutest and nicest little girls at Cambier Park.  Macy and her mom Tash and Taylor and her mom Amanda met us at the park bright and early to play.  (Tash and Amanda are friends of mine from middle school and were the same girls here I went roller skating with...what a fun night!)  Cambier is one of my favorite parks to take the kids to play.  I packed the wagon (thanks Jarbo's!) and pulled the kids around the park in their new red wagon.  They thought that was much cooler than the double stroller and mommy got a good workout too. Another great morning was had at another City of Naples beautiful park!

Devin, Macy 'Wonder' and Lexi on the slide

Taylor, Macy and Lexi...these girls may quite possibly get into all kinds of trouble in the years to come!

Taylor and Lexi on the slide

After the park we drove over to Grandma and Grandpa O'Dean's house to get a swim in before the water gets too cold.  It was such a nice day, we even ate lunch outside on the patio.  I hope this warm, less humid weather is going to stick around for awhile.  Even the dogs are loving it!


Grandma Debbie and Lexi are the only ones saying cheese!

We had a nice afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's house in the pool and sitting outside.  I brought laundry over there (we still have not replaced our dryer!) and got two loads done while the kids napped and played.  Lexi's only potty accident this entire weekend of course happened at Grandma's house. (sorry!)  She did such a great job, I'm very proud of her.  I just wish I could work with her during the week but I'm just not home enough.  So the weekends are the only time I can work on potty training.  I hope by the end of October she's completely potty trained.  That would be so nice!  No kids in diapers = HAPPY PARENTS!

This Saturday Andy and I have a friend's wedding to go to.  We are really looking forward to it and should be a beautiful night.  We also have friends, Susan and Brian, that are in town from California and we can't wait to spend some time with them.  On Sunday Susan's family is having a baby shower for her; she and her husband are having a baby boy.  We are super excited for them and can't wait to see them!  I should have lots of fun pictures from this weekend to post.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Wait, I thought No Kids in Diapers=Time for another baby?!?! Having her potty trained before she's even 2 is impressive! What a smart cookie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more kids for the Schaps Gang...at least not THIS Schaps Gang! LOL Maybe some more fur babies when the old ones buy the farm. And Lexi's not fully potty trained yet...could be another few weeks. But she is really close and she is catching on quickly! 2nd babies are easier...just wait and see. :)

    ReplyDelete