Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Pictures...Take One!

Last weekend Andy and I attempted to take Spring pictures of the kiddos.  In years past we paid someone to it but Andy reminded me that my new camera wasn't cheap and that we should try ourselves first.  I do like challenges but I knew this one would be very difficult.  The hardest part for me was deciding where to take these pictures.  I wanted them to have a springtime, outdoor, feel to them.  Our yard is completely dead and brown and not an ideal place for any sort of photo shoot.  So after many hours of thinking of the perfect place it came to me!!  Joanne's parent's have a beautifully landscaped, perfectly blooming, picture-perfect yard.  So in fine Kara fashion, I invited my family over to their house for a photo shoot! We can't thank George and Sue enough for hosting us for a couple of hours and letting our kids run around like they owned the place so we could capture some memorable pictures...and we did! The kids had a fabulous time playing together (Miah Jane, Adrey and Charlie were there too!) and we managed to snap some cute pictures.  We also want to thank Sue for baking delicious cupcakes for the kids (and parents) to enjoy after making them take hundreds of pictures.  I was able to get the last pictures by bribing the kids with cupcakes.

What Spring/Easter photo shoot is complete without baby chicks?  Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing Baby Chick #1, Baby Chick #2, Baby Chick #3 and Baby Chick #4 (we never discussed names)....



These cute little chicks were the highlight of Devin's afternoon.  He loved them! (maybe a little too much)

A tight squeeze...a love squeeze but he held them very tight.

For all you Soup (E!) fans, Andy and I call this picture...Chicks Man.

Lexi chasing the poor little chick around the back yard.

Lexi had more fun riding around in Miah Jane's truck than playing with the chicks.

I don't know what she's yelling about but it made a cute picture!



Miah Jane exploring the tulips...such a cutie!




 

After taking this picture...

 
NO MORE MOMMY!!!
We realized the kids needed a break.  Miah Jane's grandparents have so many fun toys...the kids were in heaven!!  Lexi took a break to water some plants.


Then, we wandered over to the side of the yard to visit Ray...a humungous turtle or tortoise or something like that!


Ray enjoying some lettuce.

 The next series of pictures are funny.  It is nearly impossible to get three toddlers to all smile at the same time or even look in the same direction for that matter.  Andy was standing over me making goofy sounds and faces to get them to look over at me and smile.


I love this picture because it looks like Lexi is yelling at MJ to MOOOOVE OVER!





Finally one decent shot after 100 takes!!


There are really good pictures that we got of Devin and Lexi but I don't want to post them just yet.  My friend Jessica is making our Spring cards with them and I'll post them soon.  I'm so excited to see these cards she made; they are adorable!  You can check out her etsy store/site by clicking on the link posted in Other Sites We Follow on the upper right side of this page; Custom Cards by Jessica Johnston.  Happy Spring everyone! 


1 comment:

  1. those are so precious! you're a great photographer kara! and the models aren't so bad either!! love you all, happy spring!

    ReplyDelete