Sunday, December 26, 2010

An Afternoon at the Park


What's better than leaving work early?  Leaving work early and having a play date at the park followed by the best pizza in town with people we love (The Beckman and Poppa Gangs).  Last Thursday Grandma Diane was too sick to babysit the kids and we couldn't find anyone else to help out so I had to leave work early. BUMMER!  :)  We headed over to Joanne and Miah Jane's and walked (kids in wagon of course) over to the nice park in their neighborhood.  I have to say...I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!!!!  This was the first time I got to use it outside in real light and had to fight shadows, etc.  It was a good experience and fun too.  I snapped at least 100 photos but these are some of my favorites.

 Hilarious! I love this picture...so cute!

 Miah's balancing act! 

 Another picture too cute for words...this girl LOVES the slide!

 Devin and M.J. ganging up on little Lexi Lynn and trying to shake her from the car!

 Monkey see, monkey do! 

 Love the expression on both faces; who's having more fun here?!

 Lexi with her dare devilish grin.

 Just can't keep this one off the slide!

Mr. Devin Andrew striking his 'cheese' pose.  (notice he got a hair cut!!!)

I still have a lot to learn about taking photos, especially outside fighting so many different elements but I'm having a blast.  Hopefully I'll keep getting better and learn more about the camera and how to edit photos too.  I have a ton of Christmas pictures to post.  We celebrated three different times yesterday.  This morning Devin asked if he could open more presents...spoiled much?!  I will try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas; we sure did! :)

2 comments: