Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mommy's Birthday Funday!

This past Saturday I turned  the BIG 3-3.  At first I was feeling old and bummed and then I realized how much I have at only 33.  I am one lucky 33 year old woman!  I have so much to be grateful for and I have so much love, happiness and support around me.  My birthday was spent with the people I love and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I was spoiled from the moment I woke up on Saturday morning until Monday night when my fabulous husband cooked me an unbelievable steak dinner; accompanied by a lovely bottle of J. Lohr Cabernet courtesy of JoeyAnne Beckman.

Saturday morning Andy and Devin went to Publix to get some things for our family BBQ that afternoon.  When they returned home, Devin came in the house yelling, "SURPRISE!".  He had a bouquet of flowers for me and was so happy to give them to me.



Devin also picked out my birthday cake...he remembered what I told him.  Chocolate cake with fudge icing!!!


Nate and Diane were recently in St. Augustine looking at rehearsal dinner spots and hotels for Nate and Cristina's wedding in July.  They somehow managed to find themselves in a wine store and stumbled upon this BEAUTY...I can't believe they thought o me when they saw it!  Too perfect...

Not sure if you can see the picture clearly but the time out chair is in the corner with a side table that has a wine bottle and glass on it!  This is the funniest bottle of wine I've seen since they came out with Bitch wine!
The next series of pictures are some of my favorites ever.  Our kids love music so much and I hope that they always do.  Devin begs us to play Paul Simon's Rythem of the Saints CD, only he calls it "Drums".  The kids also love our concert DVD's and dance their hearts out.  Miah Jane and Joanne have joined us a few times for these dance marathons.  But these next pictures are priceless...the trio have formed their own band.  Ladies and Gentlemen...I'm proud to introduce............Three Kids on the Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (ahhh  ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh - that's the crowd roaring! :))





 











 Before all the performing...these rock stars drove around in their pimped out pink corvette.  Don't all rock stars roll in a kick ass ride?! They wouldn't have it any other way.  (Thanks to the Brewers for casually leaving this beauty over at our house for the last month and a half!  We love it!)











This next picture could be on a greeting card...I'm having so much fun learning how to edit photos.  I'm sure I'll have it all down and the free trial of the software will run out.  I've got 18 more days...I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post the next two weeks.

I really think this needs to be framed.  So cute!

Two curly haired cuties cruising...I smell TROUBLE in 13 years!


As you have seen in previous posts/pictures, Miah Jane loves slides.  They don't have to be big or fancy she just loves plain ole' slides!  We have the smallest swing set in our yard but the kids always find themselves drawn to it. 





The next three pictures Joanne took for me.  I love them because I'm watching the kids serenade me.  The first picture I'm staring at Lexi and the second picture I'm staring at Devin.  They were singing me Happy Birthday and I loved every second of it.  They were more excited then me and it was MY birthday.  I wish I were 2 or 3 again! Birthdays just meant presents and cake and ice cream!



My birthday wish this year...well I think you're supposed to keep it a secret, aren't you?! I have so much already, there's not more I could ask for. Like I said earlier, I'm one lucky 33 year old woman! :-)




Lexi enjoyed my cake more than anyone else.  She always does...She loves birthdays more than anyone I know because she gets to eat and wear the birthday cake.  As Devin used to say; Fafee's a hot mess!

I was spoiled rotten on my birthday and received unbelievable gifts.  Thank you to everyone for thinking of me on my birthday.  I'm not facebook and don't receive birthday messages like everyone else.  But everyone I know and care about called and texted me and that was so sweet.  All and all I felt like a spoiled little princess on my birthday this year and it felt GOOD! I could get used to that. 

 Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great post, Kara!! I love it...the pictures are great and you look beautiful in those last ones!!! I love you and I love your kids!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a special day! A great start to the New Year!! Love you all so much!! Happy Birthday BFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, great pictures! Happy belated birthday!!! Don't worry, I'm about 6 months ahead of you! I am so jealous you are using and understanding lightroom. That is the program your editing with, right? I'm opened it and got scared. I'm running out of time too. Maybe this weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed that wine...you deserve to have that time out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I loved the pictures of the kids in the corvette. And, yes, you should definitely frame that one. Glad I got to talk to you on your birthday, looks like you had a great time. Miss you and love you!
    Sus

    ReplyDelete