Sunday, May 16, 2010

Artists at Work

When it's too hot or raining outside I like to have something fun the kids can do inside. We watch enough tv in the evening when mommy, daddy and the kids are all wiped so the daytime I try my best to turn off the tv and get off the couch!! Our new favorite activity is painting. Both Devin and Lexi absolutely love it. Mommy loves it too because it's all washable and doesn't stain a thing.

I've learned so much about the kids by watching them paint. I guess it's not so much learning about them as it is reconfirming what I already know about their opposite personalities. Just look at the pictures and you'll know what I'm talking about.





Devin's very serious when he's 'creating'!


Notice how clean his smock and paint brush are?


Then there's Lexi Lynn...what a mess she makes!


This is what Devin's smock looked like after he was finished; barely a mark!





OMG, that look! That is her "I've done something bad" look. She was in heaven with all that paint on her.



This is Lexi's work of art!




At this point she was body painting!

As you can see we have fun when we can't play outside. We're not afraid of rainy and/or hot summer days...BRING IT! (that's for Joanne :) )

1 comment: