Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Traditions

It dawned on me as I was up earlier than I wanted to be this morning, sipping on coffee and browsing the Naples Daily News online that today was The Great Dock Canoe Races. Andy and I used to go to the canoe races every year together for many years in a row and Andy has been more times than most. We used to get up at 7:00 after going to bed at 2 a.m., hit Publix for food and beer and head down to the dock Leroy kept his boat, the Noodle. We'd head out and usually crack open our first beer around 9 a.m. Wow, now I'm sipping on coffee and reading the paper at 9...and doing mother's day art projects for the grandmothers too. Things have really changed in just three years time and I couldn't be happier. We had so much fun this morning with our art project. (I don't want to say what it is so it's a surprise to the grandma's!!) We are starting a new tradition for the weekend of Mother's Day; no more Great Dock Canoe Races or being pelted by water balloons but instead staying home and sipping on coffee and doing art projects with the kids. Maybe I'll crack open a beer and throw on my bikini for old times sake! LOL Just kidding; I couldn't fit into my bikini if I tried. :)

Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying their art project!!











Bobby thought there was food involoved in this project. He was sure of it!


Happy Mother's Day and Happy Great Dock Canoe Race Day!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a pretty great day, Kara:)...and that last picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete