Tuesday, April 20, 2010

0 for 2

0 for 2 is Mommy's count so far this week on the kids eating what I've made for dinner. I don't get home until 6:00 each evening and my kids are ready to eat the second I walk through the door. Andy is home all day with the kids so he's at work when I get home. When I walk in both kids fight for my attention and cry and whine until I scoop them up and kiss them and hold them. Just as I get things calmed down they both want to eat IMMEDIATELY. It's hard to make a good, healthy dinner in less 15 minutes. Just when I thought I had their favorites down pat and bought a week's worth of dinners for them they've decided they don't want to eat it anymore. And they're only 1 and 2...I've got so many more years of this. Tonight the only thing they both ate was applesauce. I only gave them the applesauce to hold them over while I was making dinner. I guess it was their appetizer. Well, that's all they wanted evidently. If it was up to Devin he'd eat breakfast bars for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The kid is addicted to those things. I guess I'm putting too much effort and worry into making their dinners. At the end of the night when I'm staring at all of the dirty dishes I get so upset because no one ate anything and I have a mess to clean up! If anyone has great, easy, and quick recipes for dinner PLEASE SHARE! I'm out of ideas and my kids are obviously sick of what I make.

I know the kids are healthy and phases like this are normal but it's no fun at all and of course it worries me. How they both have Buda bellies I have no idea because they both have been very picky eaters lately. Hopefully I can improve my score by the end of the week. Looks like I'll be serving breakfast bars and pizza! LOL

Here are a few pics of the kids playing together; it's not often they play without fighting or bickering but lately they have been playing nicely. It's so nice to watch them when they're like this.




Playing cars and reading Goodnight Moon together.





Playing with their new play-doh activity kit. Notice once again, a binky must be in Lexi's mouth or she'll eat the play-doh. Oh and I did hear Devin tell Lexi that she needed to share while they were playing. He told her to share and then immediately yelled, "That's mine!". It was hilarious!

Editors note: The spacing after punctuation was changed when I went back and forth from html and compose mode. I didn't feel like going through the whole post and fixing the spacing between sentences. Please don't think I don't know how to correctly space after ending a sentence! Any of my blogger friends, please let me know if you have experienced the same problems or how to fix it. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh-dinner! I have a love/hate relationship with it! I want to cook something fabulous and delicious, but I always question whether it's worth the effort on weeknights. Dino nuggets and easy mac just seems so much easier... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken nuggets and macaroni is usually acceptable but not right now for some reason. They are literally boycotting everything all of the sudden. The only thing that they will eat is spaghetti and brocoli. I can't make that every night! :) (they like to slurp up the noodles!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine does the same thing once it's published... it goes from a double space after a period to a single space... I've never known why but have never really cared either! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we always laugh that if our kids weren't in daycare, they wouldn't get nutrition or education!

    ReplyDelete