Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Spring!

Since I don't have time to spring clean the house I thought I'd spend some time cleaning up our website/blog. This new blog setting is so much easier to manage and will be easier to update as well. I can update from my email or even by text message! That's my kind of management/updating...easy and convenient. Plus my closest and most favorite friends use the same blog site for their blogs and I love following and learning from my friends. So, I have absolutely no excuse not to update this site now that it is so easy to do. But for now I have a lot of catching up to do.

Here are our Spring cards that are adorable. Unfortunately I only received 25 cards and that just covers immediate family; parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc. are the only ones that received the cards (my family is pretty big!). So I wanted to post the card for everyone else to see. Hope your spring lasts longer than ours in Naples...it felt like summer today!




Here are a few more shots from our Spring Shoot...


We have had so many favorite people in town the last month. It has been so nice catching up and visiting with family and friends. We've been lucky enough to have Uncle Steve in Naples from Ohio, the Purdy's from California, and The Clementi's from New York recently. Devin is best friends with Bill and mommy and daddy use Bill to help Devin eat his vegetables and brush his teeth. We mention how much Bill loves broccoli so Devin will eat all of it and we tell him how Bill wants him to brush his teeth and he scrubs them well before bed time. Oh and then we got a post card from Bill today thanking us for hosting their visit to Naples and there was a special note to Devin...to remember to brush his teeth. This made Devin's night and the post card is now kept on the mirror in Devin's bathroom and he talks about Bill's 'pescard' non-stop.

Last week 'Fun' Mary, Liam and Meredith came for a visit and stayed the night and we had such a great time! Devin was obsessed with Liam and trying to get his attention but Liam was too busy playing and trying to get Lexi's attention. It was cute; Liam wanted tod help Lexi do everything. Devin started to get jealous and was annoying the heck out of Liam. It was funny because this was the first time I've ever seen Devin try so hard to make a friend. He shouldn't try so hard...it's not 'attractive'. Here's a cute picture of Devin, Liam and Mary striking a pose on the coffee table!


I took the kids to the beach recently; Lexi's first time at the beach and Devin's first trip since I was pregnant with Lexi. They had so much fun! Devin wanted to play frisbee...the poor bystanders were nearly decapitated. We built sandcastles and I treated them to a $5 cherry slushee from the rip off stand at the beach. Oh...best part is they don't let you use straws because evidently it kills the seagulls!!! So we shared the slushee with a freaking spork...it was horrible. Devin is just like me and couldn't stand to have the icey slushee pieces all over him and all over our blanket...so basically Lexi is the only one that enjoyed the slushee and getting it all over her. She was in heaven!
After the slushee was consumed and the kids were wiped off, I took them to the little kids' playground at the beach/park. We were the only ones there so I could sit and relax while they played on the playground. It was probably the most relaxing time I had the whole day. And they had a blast while I was sitting and relaxing.







Here is one more park picture but from a different park...I try to take them to our nearest park once a week. They have so much fun running, climbing, sliding and being...well...kids! But this picture is so cute; Devin was pushing Fafee on the swing and loving it!

I will save our Easter pictures for the next post...the Easter Bunny was very, very good to our kids this year. The Monday after Easter Devin woke up and said to me; "Go find eggs...Go find easter basket." I had to break the news to him that the Easter Bunny did not come again. He didn't take it well...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment