Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kicked off the Playground


I was able to text this picture from the park and it uploaded right onto the blog.  I can't believe how easy it is to update this site!  Quick & funny story about our experience at the park on Saturday.  See the bags of mulch behind the swings?? Well we were only at the park for 10 minutes before a couple of police officers told us we had to leave.  They had the 'troubled' teenagers there to re-mulch the whole playground.  Well...both of my kids were very upset about this.  Probably not as upset as the teenagers who had to wear obvious 'I am in trouble' bright orange sherriff's dept. vests.  I got Lexi off the playground and onto a tricycle we brought to ride and Devin ran away from me and starting screaming.  I tried to keep my cool and not chase and yell at him in front of the whole sherriff's department.  I kneeled down and got to his level and said, "See all of these people?  They're here to make the playground better.  They have to work and we have to leave so they can work."  He seemed calm and I thought wow that was easy.  Then, Devin turned to one of the officers and started screaming, "No leave playground!!"..."No!"  And ran away from me again.  I really couldn't help but laugh.  I wasn't the one that wanted to leave.  This meant I had to bring two unhappy children home. I finally had to carry him off the playground and out to where Lexi had the tricycle and then she got off and ran onto the playground.  Finally I got her too and Devin and Lexi stood at the fence crying and yelling at the poor teenagers throwing bags of mulch to each other.  On a side note I would kind of like to know what those kids did that got them in trouble for a couple of reasons.  One, they were at a children's playground working so I hope it wasn't too bad.  And two, the officers were yelling at them and even at a young lady telling her she should be able to throw the mulch over the fence and she wasn't trying hard enough.  I was shocked they were so hard on the kids.  But this is Naples...they were probably caught trespassing at the mall or were having too much fun and being too loud in public somewhere.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha...Kara, love this story. I could just imagine how this went down and you chasing them around. miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete