Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Weekend

What ended up being a wonderful and fun weekend started out with a scare. Joanne called me Friday night to tell me that she and her little peanut were at the emergency room. Miah Jane had a fever over 105!! They spent a few hours there and MJ was being poked and prodded and mommy and baby were both upset and bothered. Miah Jane was diagnosed with a viral infection and sent home. Poor thing had a high fever and was irritable all weekend. Until...we came to visit. Devin, Lexi and I went to Joanne's to check up on both mom and baby. MJ started fussing at one point and Devin sang her the ABC song which stopped her crying. It was so cute. By the end of the visit...this is how Miah Jane felt.

After a walk to and from the park she was so relaxed and calm. :) Isn't she so cute?!

Joanne and I pushed our strollers to a great, but well hidden, park in her neighborhood. The kids had so much fun; we'll be going back to this well kept secret place for sure!

Anything that looks or sounds like a car is Devin's favorite.

I think Devin was trying to rock Lexi out of the car!

Lexi swinging with her BFF...

On Saturday we were supposed to meet friends at the park but they had to cancel last minute. Their dog was sick and had to go to the vet. :( Good news is the dog is fine now but we were unable to keep our play date. So...I took the kids to our park that we always go to instead. As we stepped out of the car Devin started running towards the playground yelling, "Cliffords Back, Cliffords Back!!". Yes my friends our favorite red dog is back...it was taken from us many weeks ago but all is forgotten and forgiven. :)



My little peanut can't stay off of highly elevated playground equipment. She scares me half to death!! The only way I can calm myself is if I'm up high with her. I look like such a dork at the parks playing with my kids at the top of these giant structures. There's a reason it says 5 years and up on these things. 1 year olds have no business dancing and playing at the top of these. I am pretty sure the only way I got Lexi down in this picture is by bribing her with something! I couldn't watch Devin at one side of the park and Lexi at the top of this at the same time...being a parent is hard work. LOL

After naps and after daddy got home from work we turned the sprinklers on in the yard and filled the water table with...well...water. The kids had a blast right in our front yard. Mommy relaxed, caught some sun rays and had a nice cold one while the kids were enjoying the water play.

My little princess in her sun hat and bathing suit drawing with sidewalk chalk. A girl can only run through the sprinklers so long. Her brother on the other hand played in it forever and cried when we turned it off! LOL

We ended the weekend with a swim and dinner at Uncle Nate's and Miss Cristina's. We had a lovely time and are so lucky to have family so close. One thing that bothered me about this weekend is realizing our kids do not know how to swim yet. Andy and I both learned how to swim before or around the time we walked. I am making a promise and setting a goal right here and now that our kids will be swimming by summers-end. There are no excuses and it's dangerous for them not to know. Grandma Diane has even offered to help when she is on her short summer vacation to take them to lessons with Andy during the day. If anyone has suggestions or great experiences with any instructor or facility, please share!

2 comments:

  1. The Schaps Gang rocks!! Thank you so much for your very thoughtful and fun visit!! Devin, MJ will return the "ABC" favor one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely have to reschedule soon! I think Devin and Bridget would have a blast together! And I can't wait to just see them, of course-it's been forever!

    We haven't done swim lessons wither, but I hear great things about the ISR program.

    ReplyDelete